Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photo Finish

I have come to the conclusion that God loves a photo finish.

I have also come to the conclusion that I have some serious obsessive compulsive behaviors that I did not realize before.

I am a planner. I like to know...no...wait...I NEED to know, I HAVE to know what happens next. And, when I don't, I spend every waking moment trying to figure it out. I obsess, and obsess, and obsess.

Example: I almost always skip to the end of a book when it gets exciting to find out what happens. Then, calmly, I go back and read whatever is in between.

Horrible, I know.

Because of this incessancy, God always makes me wait until the very last second to answer my questions. I wiggle and squirm and fret, while he waits...and probably laughs. Then, when I'm scrambling to pick up the pieces, he releases the gates of inspiration and frees my worried mind.

Not cool.

Apparently he is trying to tell me something. You think?

0 comments: