Friday, August 22, 2008

The Toilet Stall

Yesterday, while at UVU, I really had to go to the bathroom. As I was doing my thing someone entered the stall next to me. This lady/girl/whoever obviously had some intestinal/gas/diarrhea issues. As she relieved herself, I got a sudden wave of the giggles. This immature reaction of mine puzzled me (to an extent).

I mean, everyone goes to the bathroom...don't they? We all have similar issues at some point in our lives. We see baby poop/dog poop/old people poop all the time (well, maybe not ALL the time) and don't always end up in hysterics. So why then, is such a common thing, while in public, so dang funny? and embarrassing? and awkward? if we all do it all the time?

And, why do I feel so uncomfortable when I am in the persons same situation? My guess is because I know someone is probably giggling in the stall next to me.