Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Contest

Okay...so I am really excited about this...

A few months ago I was invited to a group on facebook by a girl named Reagan Ogle. I like her so I accepted. I'm pretty sure she invited me because it was a school project for her friend. Anyway, through the facebook group I came across a writing contest. I figured: I'm a writer, I'm bored at work, I'll enter it.

A few days ago, after the contest was long forgotten, I got an email saying I WON! I was very surprised and proud of myself. I haven't won a writing contest since Reflections in elementary. The prize was a 2 night stay at the Zermatt Resort in Midway. That made it even more exciting because that is where Cody and I went for our weekend honeymoon. We even got coupons for massages, breakfasts, and dinners.

Anyway, I hope this isn't coming across as arrogant, I was just really excited for it. Nothing beats a free vacation...right?