Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beauty and Fashion

Okay, so I already put a plug in for that other blog I am doing for class (http://socialbeauty.blogspot.com/)...This is the new post that we put up there. I think it is an interesting question. Tell me what YOU think...

How are beauty and fashion related?
Do they influence each other? Or are they completely separate?
Can beauty be viewed through fashion and vice versa?

A lot of times in life I just go with the flow and live day by day, not really concerned about how or why I do the things that I do. But if you really take some time to think critically and evaluate it is so interesting what you can find out.

Maybe another day I'll post some of our other discussions we have had in class that I loved and learned a lot from, until then...think about this.

P.S. the missionaries still haven't called or came by...but a friend from the ward called to say they made a turkey dinner and want to share it. God really does love us, doesn't he!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I would like to think that beauty is more of a natural thing and that fashion isn't, but I have seen those girls (and some guys)that are 10 times prettier just because they take REALLY good care of themselves...clothes, hair, makeup. It isn't natural at all, but it helps a lot.

Also, in magazines we see a lot of skinny girls in nice clothes and automatically assume they are beautiful, or that we will be more beautiful if we wear or use what they are using. It might not be a concious thing, but subconciously I think we all do it. It doesn't create beauty anywhere but in our minds.