Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Cody and Hanna Story

While I am waiting for Cody to take a test, I figured I would give you a little run down of how we met. I read about it on Doretha and Jesse's blog and thought it would be a good idea...

It all started in January of 2006. I was sent, after arriving fresh from the MTC, to my first area on my mission, Manassas Virginia. There I met my two zone leaders, one being Cody. I was new so I didn't really notice him or even care. The first time I really ever talked to him was after a zone activity on P-Day. He had some friends in a band and so did I.

I didn't know it at the time, but when he went back home that day, his companion said that he should date me when he got home. His next companion, my next zone leader, as well said the same thing. Go figure.

We were both transferred to different areas and never talked again.

A year and a half later I found myself sitting with my mission president in my farewell interview, the one you get right before you fly back home. We were just chatting and out of no where he said, "Do you know an Elder Hoppy?" I said I did. Then he said, "Well, he is single. I think you should look him up when you get back." My response was, "Probably not President." haha. I just wasn't into the whole elder/sister love thing.

Then, a few weeks after I got home I got a phone call from my ex-zone leader. He had got my number from another elder that I had recently seen. I was surprised, but excited that he called. When you are newly returned home you are excited when anything missionary happens...its all you know. He later told me that the only reason he called was because he had been having impressions to, for a while, and finally decided to give in.

We talked for a bit that day, that is until he walked out to his car with me still on the phone and realized that someone had broken into it. That was that.

A few weeks later he texted me to hang out. By that time I had a boyfriend.

We kept in touch, texting back and forth for a while. I went and hung out with him a few times with some other missionaries, but was still dating someone else...so nothing much happened.

Then school started. On the first day of classes we realized that we had class at the same time in the same building, pretty close to each other, and that we both had an hour break right after. We starting spending that hour together. Talking, laughing, eating, it was really fun.

Not long after, I broke up with my boyfriend. I did it because I realized that I was much happier around Cody than I was around him. That is when Cody and I started dating...the end of August the beginning of September. I knew pretty quick that he was a keeper.

On December 2 he proposed in a game of hangman. On January 18 we were married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple.

So there you have it...the short of it at least. And just in time for Cody to get home.

2 comments:

The Price Family

Yeah I love happy meeting/marriage stories!!! You made the perfect choice..

Terry

Elder Hopkinson........please let me know if you served with Elder Nathan Fields in Virginia. You were his trainer and he thought you were the best. I am hoping that this is the right Elder Hopkinson??? Please email me and let me know how to get a hold of you. By the way CONGRATS on your wedding.

Terry Fields