Friday, June 20, 2008

A/C, or lack thereof

I have temporarily changed the name of our apartment from Motel 6 to the Inferno of Death.

We live on the top floor of an old house in Provo with NO air conditioning. First of all, heat rises. So any coolness that might have been there, after the 95 degree weather, is shoved out from below us.

Yesterday when I got home after work, I went to get a snack and noticed that the butter in our butter dish had completely melted. I was afraid to even open it because it would have went all over the floor...so i placed it in the fridge to let it re-harden. Then I went and laid down. I fell asleep, and when I woke up my entire body was drenched in sweat and I had the worst headache ever, I believe from dehydration.

Cody and I can barely stand to even be there. How sad is that? A person can't even be in their own house. Isn't it supposed to be a heaven on earth and not the complete opposite. We even went and watched "So you think you can dance" at Caleb's (that is Cody's brother) apartment just so that we didn't have to go home yet.

I guess this is just what we get for living in the cheapest apartment we could find. You get what you pay for. Luckily, we are moving in a few weeks. The new house is, be excited for me now, fully air conditioned. What a lovely treat that will be. haha.